Pumpkinhead and a documented fail
Well I am usually not one to take photographic evidence
of one of my failed craft projects. I usually just can it and
act as if it never happened.
This one is more of a cautionary tale because I don't want
others to make the same mistakes and experience the same
frustration without proper warning.
I was at Michael's last year around this time, and picked up
a couple of those "do it yourself" vinyl toy kits.
One a Frankenstein, and the other, a Pumpkinhead.
"Perfect!", thought I, as I struggled with this week's MM challenge.
The kit comes with stickers and permanent markers. I decided to
fore go the included cheapo markers and use my awesome Copics!
Epic fail for me. Boo.
The markers stayed tacky and then once I started using the black marker
it was all down hill from there.
In frustration, I sprayed the figure with alcohol and watched it melt.
Totally stained from the Copics, I decided to try and paint the figure
with acrylic paints. LOTS of coats of acrylic paint.
No more failed photos taken at this point, but it looks better
than the Copic catastrophe.
So I opted for clay.
The mighty Pumpkinhead sits amongst the
debris of his anger and hungers for revenge!
I don't know how he actually kills, as he has no arms
or a mouth, but I'm spent this week.
You figure it out.
Have a spooky weekend!!!
See ya on Monday!!!