Countdown to Halloween!!!

October 1st.  That's right folks... it's officially THAT time of year!  And though this blog is Halloween all-year-round, it is time to kick it up a notch!  Haunted Design House is proud to be a 2011 CryptKeeper participant at the Countdown to Halloween site:



Just click on the badge above to be taken to a HUGE list of houses (blogs) at which you can go trick-or-treating or play ding-dong-ditch... your call!  Arts, crafts, factoids, photos, stories, lore... you just never know what the CryptKeepers will be doling out!

This will be going on ALL MONTH LONG!

Sooooo, what have I got for you today?  Well, since Make it Crafty is our Macabre Monday challenge sponsor this week, I thought I'd show off a couple of cards.  The first is what I call the "normal" version... the second is MUCH more HDH style:

(click to enlarge)
 I used MIC's Forest Flower & Alyssa Elven Princess digi's.



I know!  TOTALLY un-Halloweenie or creepy in the least.  My bad.  Creepy Glowbugg DID ask me what the hell I was thinking when I chose these two images for a Halloween blog challenge.  After a few choice words by me... many containing the letter "F"... or maybe it was just one word repeated several times... I chose to show how to make something sweet into something slightly sinister:


  MUCH better, right?!  Kinda like an elven vampire fairy?  Her lips got completely out of hand, but I wasn't going to start over at that point!  So instead, I'll show a close-up of the cute 'shrooms.


Yeah... I know... return of the "Barbi-dots"... that's just how I roll.


That's it for today, kids... but check back often here at Haunted Design House, as well as at all the other 2011 CryptKeepers' blogs, throughout the month for more Halloween happenings!

Comments

Andrea C said…
The best month of the year. Love the blood red card very cool and the other one rocks too xx
Jenn Borjeson said…
Totally awesome - LOVE how you showed the 2 versions, so cool. I love this month, Halloween is my favorite. :) Thanks for keeping us so entertained. xo
Anonymous said…
Super cute card!!! I love it!
BrigitteG said…
oh?? where is my comment ?? anyway... was saying...the vampire fairy card totally rrrocks !! well done Barb !!
Lisa T said…
Very cool! No one does creepy and cool like you do. :)
DonnaMundinger said…
Yeah, I was wondering about those images too. LOVE how you creeped her up! Fabulous, Barb! xxD
ike said…
WoW - love both pikkies - the colouring is awesome, but much prefer the red one :-D
Hugz
Ike xxx

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Returns

Little Hop of Horrors & a Spooky Hallow sneak peek!

More love and another Challenge Alert!