1. Create a dark and macabre SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy is fine, but creepy is better :)
2. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and please leave a direct-link back here.
3. If you upload to any online galleries (TACPCC, S&S, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH034.
4. Weekly giveaways! Some weeks will be loaded with loot, others not-so-much... but the thrill is in the win, right?! Some prizes shall be by random drawing, others hand picked... and I'm not telling you ahead of time :)
5. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me... this could be stamp sets, handmade items, papers, halloweenie embellishments... you just never know.
Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Grim Gift Boxes
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween themed box perfect for housing a little giftie of some kind. Stipulation: you must use at least one flower!! Stamped image, digi, paper, or a real live, dead, dried number... as long as it's a flower :)
I was away this weekend at a TAC demonstrator gathering (The Angel Company rubber stamps) and one of the late night challenges was to take an empty card box and create something with the box of paper scraps they had. How fun was this?! It was the kind of box with a clear plastic lid, and their scraps were awesome. This is what I created:
The bit of green that is peeking between the weaves is actually on the inside of the lid.
The large flower was made from three scallop circles, and the little flower was made with six flower punches. Everything is crumpled & distressed.
I also decorated the inside. I'm thinking this would be perfect for one of the milestone birthdays when everything is supposed to be black... like the big 40 :)
Stamps: TAC (can't remember which set... I was sleep deprived & brain dead at the time)
Ink: Palette Noir
Other: black paint (Plaid), scallop circle & flower punches (Marvy), misc. black brads & card box
Ok... your turn... what great little grim gift box can you create?!