Macabre Monday #012 - Garishly Gleaming Glitter

Welcome to Haunted Design House's Macabre Monday challenge!

HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Create a Halloweenie SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy Halloween is fine, but creepy is better :) However, no extra 'points' are given either way.
2. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and linky back here.
3. If you upload to any online galleries (TACPCC, PW, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH012.
4. I'll have monthly contest giveaways... tune in for additional details.
5. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me... this could be stamp sets, handmade items, papers, halloweenie embellishments... you just never know.

Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Garishly Gleaming Glitter


Create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween page, project or card featuring glitter... 
Stickles, metallic glitter, Sparkly Fluff... if it gleams or catches the light, use it!

Here's my version...

I love this Build-an-Owl stamp set... just imagine all of the cool color combo's I could use... hmm....


Stamps:  Build-An-Owl (TAC),  poem stamp from Bad Axe Stamps
Paper:  Bazzill card base, Basic Brown & Kraft cardstocks
Ink:  retired chalk ink from TAC, rust color from ColorBox
Other:  Copper Stickles, bronze pearls from Michael's, misc. ribbon


The owl is huge... it takes up most of this standard A2 sized card (4-1/4" x 5-1/2")... so it doesn't leave room for much embellishing or layering.

Now, the Gruesome Twosome of Halloween week is:  Kristen, for her awesome hand-drawn ghoulish couple, and Creepy Glowbugg for her beyond bizarre pulp-film fabulousness!  Grab your GT badge from the sidebar, ladies, and display with pride ;)

I'll post October's Master of the Macabre in a day or two... what you REALLY want to know is who is the bonus winner for the Lurid Love challenge, right?  From Random.org:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
3
Timestamp: 2009-11-01 23:40:11 UTC

Which means, Linda aka Oz is the bonus winner!  Hey Linda, shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll get a package out to you this week!  Congrats!!

Halloween for 2009 may be over, but there is less than a year until the next one!  So let's get the challenges going... are you up to it?

Comments

Kristen H said…
I am so glad you liked my lurid love card, I will display my badge with pride. Thank you!!! What a great start to my day!
Bugs and Hisses to you :)
Thank you!
Jen Carter said…
This has never been a favorite set of mine, but you made it look awesome! Great job!
Nadine said…
whooohooo... i love glitter, so this was a great challenge for me. your owl looks spookalishious, me likey :)
Gorgeous owl! I could do Halloween crafting all year. It's my very FAVE! Brilliant blog idea.
I love this challenge!!! I used some Stickels glitter on the moon and the dress and had. Hope you like it!

Hugs, Nans
Linda aka Oz said…
Not a huge fan of glitter, messy and hard to photograph. It also has a tendency to make me cuss a little.
Besides all that, I am in love with what everyone is submitting this time, Whoo HOOs!!

Rock this challenge darlin's .. the Oz

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Returns

Little Hop of Horrors & a Spooky Hallow sneak peek!

HDH STALKERS BLOG CANDY ALERT!!!