6.19.2010

Double-duty challenge card...

... ala Stampotique :)  Creepy Glowbugg, being one of the coolest creepy chicks I know, agreed to swap a couple of stamp images with me... and of course, Bowtie from Stampotique is STILL on my wishlist :)  Thanks, CGB!


I've been wanting to participate in challenges, but just have not had the time or mojo to get it goin' on... so I forced myself to play today!  I created Bowtie Birthday for The Burtonesque Dolls #7 (Burton birthday) & I used Stamp Insanity's SISC14 sketch & card size (dollar bill:  2-5/8"x6").


Fun time... except for sad Mr. Bowtie... suck it up man, it's just another freakin' birthday!  :)  Yeah, remember I said this come March next year when I turn the big 4-0 (GASP!)  Actually it will be more like {GASP... HOLY $%&^, I'M HOW DAMN OLD?!!!}  :)


Stamps:  Bowtie (Stampotique)
Paper:  Bazzill & DCWV cardstocks
Ink:  stamped from CGB, so not sure :)
Other:  Micron pen, foam tape, misc. gems
Copics:  E000, E00, E11, RV06, RV09, BG10, BG49, BG78

Well, I'm off to play more...
... and what have YOU been working on?!!

***ETA... I just noticed that it looks as if Bowtie is sportin' a 70's fro'!!!

11 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

LOVE your Bowtie Birthday.
What a nice gal that Creepy Glowbugg is!
Nice card spotlight on the Simply Betty page too btw.
FYI- Michael's has some of their Autumn stuff out (don't ask me) and I saw the spider web ribbon. It's on a roll, and it's wider than the stuff I have, and it's wire edged. And on sale! Nice.

Shannon said...

As usual you've outdone yourself. I think it's a real testement to your talent that you can take colored cardstock and a colored image and make such an amazingly beautiful card. If I could come up with something like this, I would always just use cardstock. But unfortunately I'm not you, so I have to use pretty scrapbook paper to make a statement in my cards. You never cease to bore me or amaze me. You are truly very, very talented!!

Beth said...

Oh freaking COOL! Love the 'fro! Genius! Awesome card - fantastically creative... Thank you so much for sharing it with us as StampInsanity!!

margie c said...

Ooo, loving the colors and how you turned the sketch! Mr Bowtie is brilliantly creepy! No more birthdays for him ;)

Thank you for playing along with us at StampInsanity!
hugs, margie

Amy said...

You always manage to make a great card! Your coloring is awesome and I immediately wondered if you intentionally gave him a 'fro'!!

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous!
x

Andrea said...

really cool x

Alison said...

I love all of those stamps from that artist! You did a crazy cool job. ANd I noticed the "fro" immediately! I like it!

Debbie Pamment said...

FABULOSO!!!! I just love all the elements in your card - awesome job
Thanx for joining us in the dollhouse this week
xXx

Cheryl Valadez said...

LMAO!! 70's fro!!! That is too awesome! I wouldn't have picked up on that until you pointed it out and now I can't "not" see it....LOL!! Love Bowtie and his new "do"!

Juanita said...

Awesome card, love the color combo, sentiment and bling. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity.