5.19.2011

Dali Delusions Macabre Monday offering

When I first read the idea of a Salvador Dali inspired
challenge I was very intrigued and immediately began 
designing (in my head) my project.

I opted for a mixed media kind of project, using
various Dali images and quotes.

I used an 8" x 10" stretched canvas, painted with metallic
shades of teal, silver, purple, and black.  

I knew this Dali image from The Octopode Factory would come in handy.
I also found a use for some creepy doll eyes, and destashed a bunch
of brads.

The melting clock is another Octopode image. I used Glossy Accents
to make the watch face shiny and dimensional. I added a
photo of Dali and Walt Disney, a couple of cool quotes and
some decoupaged mulberry paper. 
I used more quotes around the outside of the canvas and sealed
everything with polyurethane.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you were able to glean some
inspiration for your own project.
You have until Sunday at 10 PM CST to enter! 
 

8 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific collage and love that melted clock, that is so Dali. Annette

craftattack said...

I LOVE it! Valerie

Debbie said...

WOW! Love it, love it, love it! Awesome creation!

Andrea C said...

Tis very creepily cool x

Kim B said...

Fantastic! Creepy Goodness!

Celeste said...

Too cool!

CuddlyBunny said...

Oh boy! I love, love, love this piece!

DonnaMundinger said...

Whoa, Glo!!!!! This is unbelievable! Holy crap! xxD