HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Create a Halloweenie SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy is fine, but creepy is better :) However, no extra 'points' are given either way.
2. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and linky back here.
3. If you upload to any online galleries (TACPCC, PW, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH013.
4. I'll have monthly contest giveaways... tune in for additional details.
5. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me... this could be stamp sets, handmade items, papers, halloweenie embellishments... you just never know.
Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Bizarre Beauty School Dropout
Create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween page, project or card featuring a made-up macabre madame... a stylin' sinister sister... or a captivating cadaverous chick
If she could have been a hottie at one time, she qualifies for this challenge!
Here's my take...
I think I'm going to name her Auntie Mame'd. ;) Look at those flowin' locks of hair... & dig the outfit! "high maintenance" is right.
This reminds me... you know how "back in the day" they were sooooo prudish and uptight? Then why, pray tell, did they wear those crazy corsets, and dresses that basically shouted "hey! look at my girls!"?
I'm just sayin'.
Don't you LOVE this image?! So creepy-cool. Auntie Mame'd took me a little while to color... yep... I've got to start figuring out how to use those Copics. Diggin' the highlights in her hair... and I'm really liking how the shadows of her face came out, too. I'm not crazy about the pink blouse... maybe it needs more shading...
Stamps: HAL0905 from Stamp It Crazy (look under "new images"), This Girl (The Angel Company - TAC), spider web (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Penelope (orange), White UltraSmooth & basic black cardstocks (TAC), misc. pink & green cardstocks
Other: Copic markers, Scor-Pal & Scor-Bug, pop dots
I used the Dazzle VM to create the spider web background... it has a nice subtle shimmer in real life. And I can't seem to get enough of the Scor-Bug... I love that thing.
I'll announce the Gruesome Twosome for week #012 in a separate post...
And just for grins... I'm going to be doing another bonus drawing this week for all that participate in HDH013...
... so let's see those beauties!!!
Do you accept this week's challenge?