HDH043 - Truebie or Not Truebie

HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Create a dark and macabre SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy is fine, but creepy is better :)
2. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and please leave a direct-link back here.
3. If you upload to any online galleries (TACPCC, S&S, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH043.
4. Weekly giveaways!  Some weeks will be loaded with loot, others not-so-much... but the thrill is in the win, right?!  Some prizes shall be by random drawing, others hand picked... and I'm not telling you ahead of time :)
5. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me... this could be stamp sets, handmade items, papers, halloweenie embellishments... you just never know.

Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Truebie or Not Truebie

 THAT is the question.  You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween page, project or card using inspiration from the HBO series True Blood.   Don't watch the show?  Then simply watch a few of the series trailers & episodes HERE!  What will it be... the Eric/ Sookie/ Bill dynamic?  Or maybe the southern setting of Bons Temps, Louisiana inspires you.  Then again, there is the old standby:  vampires.


Here's my take on the challenge!  I know... A:  it's actually done & B:  it's done on time :)
Though I made the image into a vampire with khaki hair, it reminded me a bit of Sookie.  Wistful and dreamy... who exactly is she thinking of?  Bill or Eric?


Like the flower?  Yeah, another tissue paper one... kinda looks like a mum, doesn't it?  I inked it with violet & black Glimmer Mists.  It's wonderfully sparkly in person... subtle.


Stamps:  Dreaming Gothic Lady (Stamp It Crazy), Label Lingo (TAC hostess set)
Paper:  white ultrasmooth, black (TAC) & Bazzil cardstocks
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo, Glimmer Mist
Other:  Amelia ribbon (TAC), Scor-Bug, tissue paper, red Stardust gel pen
Copics:  0, BV0000, BV20, YG03, YG91, V95, G24, YR23


Your turn for a little True Blood!  I know there must be a couple of Truebies that follow this blog... if not, maybe we'll create some ;)

Comments

StampitCrazy said…
Well, I was going to watch it..but didn't know what time it came on...I checked from 8 on...hmmm
Anyway...Nice job on your card
Alison said…
Fabulous! That stamp is awesome, and your "mum" is gorgeous!
Suzanne said…
It's very lovely! Just curiousity but do you send these out to people? I know they'd 'get it' coming from you. I just can't imagine myself sending out a 'bloody' vampire card saying thinking of you! LOL!
DonnaMundinger said…
WOW! Perfection BARB! I'm trying to catch up with True Blood, but season 1 ends on my On Demand TODAY! Better get movin'! xxD
Days End Studio said…
I <3 the card! I've still yet to sink my fangs into this series... I'm waiting to borrow season 1 from a friend. Looks yummy though!
Carmen said…
ME! ME! I'm a Truebie! Oh wow what a challenge! I adore your card, I must go check out that image!
Carmen said…
Oh no! I should NOT have gone and looked at that stamp site. Need to go get me a cuppa and settle in for a proper look!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Fangtastic card, Barb! Love your interpretation of TB (the show, that is!) and that image is wickedly awesome! This would be the perfect card to send to Eric ;D
Creepy Glowbugg said…
I am so inspired Barb! And ya know what that means! I'm gonna rock this challenge! I had to cancel HBO due to finances, but, I am contemplating getting it turned back on only for the season. I too, have a lustful eye for the one they call Eric.
Linda aka Oz said…
OMG, what a hoot! I don't want any of you to spoil this. I just finished season one thanks to netflix and have season two at the top of my que....
Hopefully season two will explain why you love Eric, cause I am not to impressed yet. Also, why the hell does Bill have to talk like Elvis??? What a turn-off... or maybe it is all the drugs they are pumping into me. I am thinking my hearts belongs to the dog right now... hehe. I will try to get a card done... cross my fingers. Oz
Creepy Glowbugg said…
No, Linda, Bill IS a walking, talking turn-off. I just don't see what Sookie sees in him, but Eric is tall, hott, and dangerous. Yummm!
DonnaMundinger said…
WooHoo! Wish I had time to do some more for this challenge. Poor DH may not get handmade Father's Day cards from the kitties if I don't get crackin'. xxD
greenbean said…
what a killer card!....
Jean said…
Just found this site and love it. I am huge TrueBlood Fan (books and show) so I love all of the projects. Too bad I didn't find this in time to make something.

Popular posts from this blog

The Evil Returns

Little Hop of Horrors & a Spooky Hallow sneak peek!

More love and another Challenge Alert!