1.12.2010

Eerie Elegance


Well, here my take on HDH021... in all it's sucky photographic glory.  No matter what I did, I could not take a decent photo to save my life... yep, that's right... dead woman writin'.


At any rate, I loved Oz's challenge card last week so much... it inspired me to get the ol' heat gun out!


It really looks better in person.  I heat embossed the black card base with clear EP... overheating parts here and there to give a distressed look.  Then spritzed on a deep violet Glimmer Mist and wiped off immediately.


Stamps:  sentiment (Stampendous or Hero Arts... can't remember!), From the Crypt (SU!)
Paper:  black PTI cardstock
Ink:  VersaMark
Other:  Transcendence embossing powder, Haunted Shadow Glimmer Mist, EK Success edger punch, circle punch, misc. fatty satin ribbon

Super simple & kinda grown up, no?
  What have YOU been working on?!
.

7 comments:

Linda aka Oz said...

I love it Barb! Ekk-specially the bow treatment. Maybe I should have mentioned the part about taking like 20 different photos of last weeks card...umm funny that part slipped my mind. I was working on a black on black copy of a popular wedding card that I have when I realized that there is no way I could photograph it. I am now working on a grey on grey card. Circle of life...
I am also making some Vulgar Valentines. They didn't start out that way but they sure are sliding down that hill fast!
Love the card and thank you for the GT! I am really looking forward to this weeks entries!!
the Oz

Cheryl Valadez said...

Oooohhhh, this just oozes eerie elegance! Love the bow and the frayed bits at the bottom...genuis!

Kristen said...

This is gorgeous!!! I got my prize today, and put a shout out on my blog to you! I still have to make something for this, I have a few ideas... will post them when they are ready! Thank you so much for the stamps, they are definitely something I will use and enjoy!!!
Hope you are having a great week... I finally am getting over the flu I had for a week or so, YAY!!!
I really, really love this card, so pretty!!!

LadybugSue said...

Could not picture eerie elegance, now that's better. Love it!!

Laura said...

It's Stampendous!! Thanks for using it! What a terrific card! And I'm so glad to have found your blog, I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!
Laura Weed - Graphics Department Manager, Stampendous!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

WAY to cool. LOVE the way the bow & sentiment are done. Amazing

Black Pumpkin said...

Super original one!!
I love it!