HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Create a Halloweenie SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy Halloween is fine, but creepy is better :) However, no extra 'points' are given either way.
2. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and linky back here.
3. If you upload to any online galleries (TACPCC, PW, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH009.
4. I'll have monthly contest giveaways... tune in for additional details.
5. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me... this could be stamp sets, handmade items, papers, halloweenie embellishments... you just never know.
Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Eerie Inspiration: Haunted Home Decor
For this week's challenge, you are to create a Halloween page, project or card using the photo below for inspiration. This is one of my favorite Halloween decorative groupings at the house so far... I put up a backdrop to hide the refrigerator ;)
At least one of the elements shown in the photo must be present in your project... skull, owl, birdcage, bones, barbed wire, or raven!
For my card, I decided to make an almost direct copy of the scene, minus the raven jar & the barbed wire. I colored with Prismacolors & mineral oil, and cut everything out. I sliced the owl wing so it would rest over the top of the bone end, and created more dimension by popping up the birdcage.
Paper: White UltraSmooth, Black, & DCWV lime cardstocks
Ink: Palette Noir
Other: misc. sheer ribbon, Prismacolors w/ mineral oil, Scor-Pal & Scor-Bug
Gruesome Twosome for last week: Jana for the awesome little hidden spider treat box, and Linda aka Oz for her raven's egg box. Grab your GT badge in the sidebar ladies!
So, do you accept this week's challenge?