HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Create a Halloweenie SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy Halloween is fine, but creepy is better :) However, no extra 'points' are given either way.
2. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and linky back here.
3. If you upload to any online galleries (TACPCC, PW, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH008.
4. Starting in September, I'll have monthly contest giveaways... more details to follow.
5. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me (I have NO idea what this will be!!).
Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
For this week's challenge, you are to create a Halloween treat container or bag topper. Coffin boxes, candy bar wrappers, tins... anything that can house a sweet (or sour!) treat for the kiddies!
I've seen these cute little witch's broom bags around the web, done up with kraft bags, but I had a stack of black ones... so why not? I put some of those peanut butter kisses in a food safe plastic bag and tied it with a twist tie.
After slicing the bag to almost the bottom (I should have gone further... note to self for the next one!) I place the plastic bag of candy inside. I used a spooky pencil from Wal-mart for the handle & some funky paper ribbon-raffia to secure everything.
Used my wunnerful MS spider web punches, Bazzill cardstock, Noir Palette ink, & Bone Appetit promotional stamp set from The Angel Company (TAC) to create a large tag. A little black Scrapper's Floss adds the finishing touch!
Definitely not as cute as some I've seen, but I've been out of town for a few days and needed a quickie project!! This SO qualifies, and will be easy to mass produce for the kiddies!
Gruesome Twosome for last week: Lynx & Chris V. for their Menacing Moveables! Chris's fun wiper card & Lynx's dancing skeleton card are too good ;) Grab your GT badge in the sidebar ladies!
I put the names of all of our fantastic Gruesome Twosomes to date in a jar. The name that was drawn for the very first Master of Macabre was...
Congratulations my friend! Be sure to grab your MM badge in the sidebar, Lynx! And please shoot me an email with your mailing address so I can send you this More Bone Appetit stamp set:
Yep, I love these so much that I bought an extra set. Next month I'll be giving away this one:
I know, next month's prize will be too late to use for this year, but this IS an ALL HALLOWEEN ALL THE TIME blog ;)
Ok, let see some yummies... do you accept this week's challenge?