Welcome to the Haunted Design House's Macabre Monday challenge!
HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Must have fun and not stress.
2. Create a Halloweenie SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy Halloween is fine, but creepy is better :) However, no extra 'points' are given either way.
3. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and linky back here.
4. If you upload to any online galleries (PW, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH003.
5. Starting in September, I'll have monthly contest giveaways... more details to follow.
6. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me (I have NO idea what this will be!!).
Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Wildly Wicked Winged Things
This week's challenge is to use something with wings on your creation. Fairies, moths, butterflies, birds, bats... just make sure they are a little wicked. This is what I've created... a little Moonlight Fairie. Be sure to click on the photos to blow up to see details :)
Stamps: mushroom fairie (Stamp it Crazy), Fresh Air Favorites (retired TAC)
Paper: Mulberry Meadow cardstocks (retired TAC), black & White UltraSmooth cardstocks (TAC)
Ink: Jardin Moss, Landscape, Cognac, Orangerie & Noir Palettes
Other: Grungeboard, Crystal Laquer, Prismacolors w/ mineral oil, VersaMarker, clear embossing powder, black lace & white swiss dot fabrics, Glimmer Mists
See the creepy-cool swiss dot fabric? It used to be white :) I sprayed it with olive & cranberry Glimmer Mists and dried it with a heat gun. I chose to over-heat it so that it would melt a bit & scrunch up. It feels really funky in real life and there is a lovely subtle shimmer from the mists.
After coloring the image, I applied Versa-Marker & embossing powder over the fairie & mushroom. Then I sponged the background & stamped the foliage. To really make the fairie stand out, I applied Crystal Lacquer.
Now it's your turn! This should be easier than the first two challenges :) so I hope to see a lot of participation this week!!