Welcome to the first ever Haunted Design House Macabre Monday challenge! Since I'm new to this whole challenge-hosting-thing, please bear with me while I figure it all out :)
HDH Macabre Monday Rules:
1. Must have fun and not stress.
2. Create a Halloweenie SOMETHING (card, scrap page, altered item, whatever) that follows the specific Macabre Monday challenge given. Cutesy Halloween is fine, but creepy is better :) However, no extra 'points' are given either way.
3. You have until the following Sunday night @ 5pm central time to post your creation and linky back here.
4. If you upload to any online galleries (PW, PCP, SCS, etc.), please tag the title using HDH001.
5. Starting in September, I'll have monthly contest giveaways... more details to follow. So for these next couple of weeks, you're going to be doing this for the sheer joy of it ;)
6. I'll be selecting a weekly Gruesome Twosome (my top two favorite creations) from all the players. At the end of every month these will be compiled and a Master of Macabre will be selected. He/she will be asked to be a guest blogger for the following month, if they so wish, and receive a little giftie from me (I have NO idea what this will be!!).
That should do it until I figure out what I missed :)
Ok, my little pretties... your challenge this week:
Pull out those pretty flower and foliage stamps and create a little darkness... turn those lovely springy images into something from the underworld :) To help illustrate, I've created a little sumpin' sumpin' for you.
Stamps (all TAC): Watercolor Plants, Tag Tidbits, So Splattered & Halloween GWP (both retired)
Paper (all TAC): Kraft, Olive, Black, & Monochromatic Purples cardstocks
Ink: Noir, Violete & Landscape Palettes
Other: AquaColor crayons, WeR eyelets, Scor-Pal, edge distresser
I used the black crayon to color directly on my rubber stamp, misted with water & then stamped onto the panel, misted again & stamped on more time to the panel. I repeated this several times to create my thicket. I then inked up the splatter image to add a little more creepy factor.
I lightly sponged the edges with Violete & Noir inks. I also sponged the Landscape over the sentiment to highlight it.
Your turn! I can't wait to see what you all create with this challenge!!